Government Girls’ Post Graduate College established in the holy city of Ujjain is one of the premier institutes of higher learning. The college is recognized as the Center of Excellence for Higher Education by Department of Higher Education, Government of Madhya Pradesh. This college has its own history of achievements and many pass outs from this college have achieved excellence in their respective fields world wide. Thus it remains one of the most prestigious colleges of Madhya Pradesh from its inception. College was founded in 1958 in the building of Vijayaraje Girls’ Higher secondary School, Freeganj, Ujjain and shifted to current building in 1963 which is compact and elegant and located in Dashera Maidan, Ujjain. College is well connected with various parts of the city with a very peaceful and amiable ambience. College imparts education under faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce and Home Science approved by the university and is successfully treading on the path of excellence undergoing different stages of its developments.